28.03.2024, 12:07 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
max11max
Titel: Sendmail CF file changes automatically EH?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 22:25 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Jun 2006
I know it sounds mad but this is whats happening.

While setting up my webserver I changed my sendmail.cf file to reflect my local IP. I did this in the evening.
Code:
O DaemonPortOptions=Family=inet,  Name=MTA-v4, Port=smtp, Addr=10.168.0.10
Then in the morning it's been changed back to
Code:
O DaemonPortOptions=Family=inet,  Name=MTA-v4, Port=smtp, Addr=127.0.0.1
mail then stops working.

I change it back in the morning and in the evening it's changed back again.

It's doing this twice every day.

I'm stumped ?? Does anyone know how I can fix this.

:EDIT:

OK I did a little more probing about but can't put my finger on it. I made the sendmail.cf file read only after correcting it and did a reboot. Same again, it changed the ip back to 127.0.0.1 and the file has read and write atrib.

What the heck is going on ?

max.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
max11max
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 02.08.2006, 14:48 Uhr

OK, I found the answer to the problem, I just don't understand how to implement this in Kanotix.

This is such a steep learning curve.

Code:
Date: June 15, 2000
If you have used linuxconf's module "mailconf" just once, it will rewrite your sendmail.cf on every reboot
if it sees that sendmail.cf is changed from linuxconf. The solution is to remove the mailconf module from linuxconf.
Turn on linuxconf and go to item

Control files and systems > Configure Linuxconf modules

Scroll down to "Module path -> mailconf" and turn off the button "this module is active", then click
 "Accept" and "quit" to quit linuxconf.
This will disable linuxconf's control of sendmail. Build sendmail.cf again from sendmail.mc (see 5.3.1),
 and restart sendmail.

If someone can help me with this I'd be very grateful.

max.

max11max
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 03.08.2006, 08:39 Uhr

Found the problem and fixed it. If anyone ever has the same problem then this will help.

When sendmail is started via the /etc/init.d/sendmail script it checks the file /etc/mail/sendmail.cf (among others) and compares it with data in file /etc/mail/sendmail.mc - if any part of the sendmail.cf file is not the same then it changes it.

It might even rebuild the sendmail.cf file every boot without checking I'm not entirly sure.

I'm also not 100% sure if I did the correct thing in editing the sendmail.mc but it now works and no ip changing after reboot.

Whats a pain in the a$$

max.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.