28.03.2024, 15:33 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
t-bone
Titel: Canon PIXMA iP 1600 - Please help!  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 07:51 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Sep 2005

I just bought a Canon iP 1600 to replace an HP DJ 3200. The HP had full support on Kanotix and worked perfectly. However, my new Canon does not work at all. It seems that there is no driver support on Kanotix, and for Linux in general!

Does anyone know of a way to make this printer work? Is there a solution?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Terry

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
HK-47
Titel: Re: Canon PIXMA iP 1600 - Please help!  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 08:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Jun 2006

t-bone hat folgendes geschrieben::
I just bought a Canon iP 1600 to replace an HP DJ 3200. The HP had full support on Kanotix and worked perfectly. However, my new Canon does not work at all. It seems that there is no driver support on Kanotix, and for Linux in general!

Does anyone know of a way to make this printer work? Is there a solution?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Terry

try this link. i have a pixma ip1000 and these drivers work very well. your printer is a newer model, but one of the drivers listed there will probably work. i guess you should try out the iP1500 driver first, then check out the others if that doesn't work.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
testdriver
Titel: RE: Re: Canon PIXMA iP 1600 - Please help!  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 08:37 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Jul 2006

lots of people tried the ip1500 driver without succes perhapsyour more lucky. On the other hand canon is badly suported under linux but http://www.turboprint.info/ hasa driver for it that realy works the downside is that it costs $30,--.

But you can download and try the free edition from turboprint first to see f it works for you too Smilie

Succes

schnorrer
Titel: RE: Re: Canon PIXMA iP 1600 - Please help!  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 10:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

an other link is www.danka.de for payable drivers.

p500xl
Titel: RE: Re: Canon PIXMA iP 1600 - Please help!  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 11:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Jul 2006

maybe this one, ip1500 works, directly from canon
http://software.canon-europe.com/softwa ... asp?model=

& give http://www.linuxprinting.org forum a try

desmith1944
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 13:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Mai 2006
Hi t-bone, Turboprint supports your printer. They have a 30 trial download available that you can try out.
Just Google turboprint and it will direct you too their site.
I am using it with a Canon MP780 and it works fine.
Hope this helps, David.

t-bone
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 18:22 Uhr

Thank you all very much for your help and advice...what a marvelous Kanotix community we have here! I will try all of the above and get back to you! Sehr glücklich

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
t-bone
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 27.07.2006, 08:19 Uhr

Well, I tried the free driver made by our Japanese friend and it did not work with my iP 1600. Niether did the official driver by Canon. Oh well, I guess I will use my virtual XP machine on Kanotix to print documents out for the time being.

I just do not understand why a major company like Canon does not make a suitable driver for all of its models for existing operating systems. HP supports other operating systems so much better! Next time, I will buy an HP again. Traurig

Thanks for your help, once again.

testdriver
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 27.07.2006, 10:38 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Jul 2006

Did you also tried the turboprint driver because it would be odd that it works for 99.9% of the people but you. You can get a freetry version on the given website. And yup next time hp, brother or xenon is a nicer idea i guess Smilie

t-bone
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 29.07.2006, 07:16 Uhr

Sorry, I did not try the Turboprint driver because I do not want to pay for it. I will have to tolerate it....

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.