28.03.2024, 17:00 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
ugo
Titel: netcardconfig for Ubuntu  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.07.2006, 15:01 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Okt 2005

Hi everybody,
a student of mine has installed Ubuntu (Dapper Dake, i.e. the last release) on his laptop. This is a questionable choice, but I don't want entry this matter.
He asked to me to make a little tuning about the installation and the software on his laptop.

I had problems even in connecting to the web through its on-board wireless card.
I think it would be much easier to myself (and to him too) to install netcardconfig.

Do you think it is possible?
I've found netcardconfig-kanotix_0.6.21_all.deb on the kanotix website
http://kanotix.com/files/debian/pool/ma ... g-kanotix/
Do you think it is just matter to run dpkg -i netcard.... in order to make netcardconfig available on his Ubuntu laptop?

Many thanks in advance,
Ciao,
Ugo

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
mzilikazi
Titel: Re: netcardconfig for Ubuntu  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.07.2006, 16:08 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
ugo hat folgendes geschrieben::
Hi everybody,
a student of mine has installed Ubuntu (Dapper Dake, i.e. the last release) on his laptop. This is a questionable choice, but I don't want entry this matter.
He asked to me to make a little tuning about the installation and the software on his laptop.

I had problems even in connecting to the web through its on-board wireless card.
I think it would be much easier to myself (and to him too) to install netcardconfig.

Do you think it is possible?
I've found netcardconfig-kanotix_0.6.21_all.deb on the kanotix website
http://kanotix.com/files/debian/pool/ma ... g-kanotix/
Do you think it is just matter to run dpkg -i netcard.... in order to make netcardconfig available on his Ubuntu laptop?

Many thanks in advance,
Ciao,
Ugo

Sorry but we do not support Ubuntu. This forum is for Kanotix only. Of course you are certainly welcome to try it and see if it works. Keep in mind that there could be driver issues as well and not just a matter of configuration. Why not give him a Kanotix CD, boot it and see if the wireless works there.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
ugo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.07.2006, 23:16 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Okt 2005

Trust me!
At the time of our try, my bag was far from me and I've always (even more than) one Kanotix CD in my bag....
I see your point of view. We'll do some more attempts. (I'll also plan to ask to the Ubuntu forums).

Ciao,
Ugo

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 15.07.2006, 01:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

Ubuntu has an other infrastructure than kanotix. scripts are not compatible, depentcies differs.
Try a live-CD run, and look what happens with the network.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.