28.03.2024, 13:39 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
kstevek
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.07.2006, 23:02 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Jan 2006

My earlier optimism was missplaced...

Still having the same freezing problem, I cant replicate it at will either, couldnt find anything in any log files that I could find, new psu, clean and tidy in the case, replugged everything, temps good (cooler here now today anyway), newish kernel, tried removing xsreensaver to see if it helped, and every time it happens the mouse pointer still moves but cant click anything so a weird type of freeze/lockup.

If anyone can think what else I could try or what sort of errors might cause this specific type of freeze please join in,

cheers kstevek

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
2radical
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 29.07.2006, 00:44 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2005
I used to think it was specific to hardware, but now I'm thinking it must be a software glitch somewhere. My problems with freezing have inexplicably disappeared, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed at this point.
It IS weird. My error logs didn't didn't even reflect what had happened, which I think they should, because I had to hit the reset button on my UPS to reboot.
My MB temps are at or below normal, & I cleaned everything thoroughly. I'm running Linux 2.6.16.16-kanotix-1 i686 [ KANOTIX 2006 Easter] No screensavers.
My mouse pointer didn't move, & keyboard was dead. My mouse pointer is occasionally jerky & sometimes disappears off the edge of the screen, but reappears with continued movement & cursing. I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the cursing, but I can't give it up.

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 29.07.2006, 11:32 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

Guys ther is a prob. with heat and the soldering for the psu connectors.

When running mobo's long overheated, the soldering inside on layer 2 or 3 of the mobo, could get broken. The copper they used is as thin as a hair. Tempr. at the psu connectors ran at 180°C and the soldering flew away.

An other aspect are the capacitores. If they run for a long time at high tempr. they can get dry. No electrolyte inside the capacitors. Means no powering of the componets. Happend to me on at last 2 mobos and a TV.

Also I had a mobo with a buildt-in life-timer. After it has reached ist endtime, the mobo do not run again. This mobo was one of the fist intel LX ones.

2radical
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 29.07.2006, 15:57 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2005
schnorrer: You have more experience & knowledge than I, so I take your word for it. However since I'm still able to use this & it hasn't froze for quite a while, I'm not going to go get a new MB (yet). I've had one other MB die after 4 yrs. or so of use. Not sure of the exact source on board, but behaviour became more & more erratic until it would no longer boot & I had to get a whole new system. An expensive prospect. I hope that doesn't happen here anytime soon.

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 29.07.2006, 16:07 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

I hope too. Here, where I live, we got also troubles with other PC's and OS's. Freezing unconditionally, do not find formerly correct installed HW .....

btw. this happens now the second time. 2001 was the year with the same troubles. Though, it looks like a timebomb to me.
Computer architecture is now at a point, where erverthing is changed.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.