28.03.2024, 20:13 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
aking469
Titel: Adept????  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.07.2006, 23:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Feb 2006

I just installed 2006-Easter-rc4 on my laptop...
Tried to install some of the packages on a local CD to the system....Adept didn't like that at all. It stalled...then quit altogether. Arrgh...going back to 2005-04.

Why was Kpackage removed?

Why not just used synaptic...most people download it anyway?

I love synaptic. I liked Kpackage....

Just wondered if anyone else found Adept as tuff as I did...maybe I'm not adept enough? Geschockt

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
piper
Titel: RE: Adept????  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.07.2006, 23:42 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
apt-get install kpackage

No need to go back to 2005-04

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
devil
Titel: RE: Adept????  BeitragVerfasst am: 04.07.2006, 06:02 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
adept will not be in a new kanotix-version. you are not the only one who had problems with it.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

aking469
Titel: Adept???  BeitragVerfasst am: 04.07.2006, 11:51 Uhr

Thanks for your replies.

Well Devil, glad I'm not alone. Thought I was just more clueless than I had figured. In addition, I did not like Koffice either...prefer OOo, but maybe that is just me. Know how to get it, know how to install it, so not a problem.

Piper, that is exactly what I'd have done if I could have gotten to the Net. Problem is, I'm still stuck in the stone-age (dial up), and my provider has a proprietary dialer (Juno). Needed to install that first...Adept made that very difficult for this dummy. I wish I was more of a wizard so that I could jump to new programs more easily. I normally use Synaptic, first thing I download when I get a system up and running....like it even better than Kpackage (which is not as powerful to me, maybe they are the same, but I am to stupid to know). Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to reply to my little gripe. Lachen

piper
Titel: RE: Adept???  BeitragVerfasst am: 04.07.2006, 15:21 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

For Juno you might want to look at these links, I have no experience with Juno and Linux so I don't know if this works or not, but might be a good read

http://www.mepislovers.org/modules/newb ... mp;start=0

and

http://www.mepislovers.org/modules/newb ... post103263

and

http://www.mepislovers.org/modules/newb ... c0ef316343

more

http://www.google.com/search?q=juno+.de ... unofficial

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
aking469
Titel: Juno  BeitragVerfasst am: 04.07.2006, 16:36 Uhr

Thanks Piper,
BTW...I posted a fairly detailed set of procedures to get it running on my desktop here at Kanotix.com. I did so at LinnuxQuestions.org too.

If you know a bit about Debian, it is a simple thing to do. In rc4, it was proving to be a bit tricky, but could have been doable.

I played around with Ubuntu the other day and couldn't get it going at all. Setting up local repositories in Ubuntu is unnecessarily difficult. I appreciate their desire to make things a bit bullet proof, but come on let those of us who know a little to work the system a bit more. I did like the interface though. Got so mad I nearly threw my laptop in the pool. Geschockt

That is why I keep coming back to Kanotix, which I have never taken off of my desktop. It is simnple to set up, can be altered without spending days on CLI, and the forums are friendly and easy to navigate. I appreciate people taking their time to help me. No one has been snotty or unkind here. On the Ubuntu forums, I cannot get answers. Further, I cannot figure out why it is so popular. For newbies it cannot be an easy thing to do. Kanotix beats Knoppix, Mepis, and Ubuntu, at least for me, hands down.

piper
Titel: RE: Juno  BeitragVerfasst am: 04.07.2006, 18:26 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

We share the same thoughts Smilie

pfe1223
Titel: RE: Juno  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.07.2006, 03:31 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Jul 2006

I actually like adept...a lot. I am new to Kanotix, but is the kanotix-update-gui the best way to upgrade everything (kernel, applications, etc.) or can adept do this?

h2
Titel: RE: Juno  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.07.2006, 03:45 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

apt-get is the best way to upgrade kanotix, in console mode. Using any other mode will possibly ruin your install, and it's unlikely in that case any one will be able to help you.

Read the various dist-upgrade threads for more information:
http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-19055.html

UncleDeadley
Titel: RE: Juno  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.07.2006, 00:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Jun 2006
gee, I found adept pretty easy, functional, and friendly. No problems yet. It's a nice way to swap out Koffice for OOo. Like h2 said, I wouldn't ever use it to do an upgrade or dist-upgrade. That's best done using apt from command line because sometimes Kpackage, adept, or Synaptic will try to upgrade a running package and then your system gets borked. Traurig

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.