28.03.2024, 15:48 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
spottyrover
Titel: what is the easiest way to link 2 kano pc's  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.06.2006, 11:27 Uhr

Anmeldung: 11. Apr 2005

I have got a new pc for the tv recording/watching so I am looking to join the two via lan.
I would like to know what is the simplest way to do this. since i know nothing about networking pc's

thanks for any help

Dave

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
schnorrer
Titel: what is the easiest way to link 2 kano pc  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.06.2006, 12:09 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

simplest way networking and internetting. Buy a router 2 extra Lan-cables.

On the PC with the tv-card install vlc-server and on the other install vlc-client. next comes the hardest part. read the manuals for vlc-server and client, and of course the routers-manual too.

First setup the router witout connection to the internet and configure it. The TV-PC should have a fixed IP-address. while the other can have its IP via dhcp.

Next configure the router for the WAN-side(Internet) setting are the same you have before on the aktual pc you are surfing now.

after done this, configure the Internet pc with the data gatway IP with that to the router. /etc/network/interfaces is the config file existing on both pc's. and differs only for eth0 the server has here the static address while the other is set to dhcp.

Server:

auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
address 127.0.0.1
netmask 255.0.0.0

iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.x.y
mask 255.255.255.0

the other:

auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
address 127.0.0.1
netmask 255.0.0.0

iface eth0 inet dhcp

so far for the moment

spottyrover
Titel: RE: what is the easiest way to link 2 kano pc  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.06.2006, 10:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 11. Apr 2005

thanks I will give it a go
Dave

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.