28.03.2024, 14:06 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Daniele
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Suse 10.1  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.06.2006, 00:41 Uhr

Anmeldung: 23. Mai 2004
kb0hae hat folgendes geschrieben::
Hi Daniele. Maybe if I change my hardware I will take another look at some of the other distros. However, I see no need to upgrade my motherboard or processor at this time. I like Kanotix, so I doubt I would change unless I found something a LOT better. I consider that to be unlikley, but I do try to keep an open mind.

As to 3d on video cards, that is more of a problem with drivers than with Kanotix.

TTYL

Well, in my case I badly wanted a new computer and I chose every single component according to my needs and tastes.
Later I'll buy a Nvidia card and with that I should have zero problems, but for now I want to use the GMA 950.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
HK-47
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: Suse 10.1  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.07.2006, 00:13 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Jun 2006

i tried SUSE 10.1 too, mainly because of XGL. i didn't notice any slowdown at all after activating XGL, and considering my video card is a lowly GeForce FX5200 with 64MB (and 64-bit) RAM, that's pretty impressive. but my numeric keypad wont work anymore after activating it. and with or without xgl, SUSE is noticeably slower than kanotix in all areas, probably because of the number of services it runs by default, including beagle.

just curious, but is SUSE/SLED's default theme/windeco for GNOME (gilouche) available for KDE? it's beautiful!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.