Oct 18, 2017 - 07:16 PM

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
slam
Post subject: Web Site & Forum: New Features  PostPosted: Oct 11, 2005 - 05:13 PM
Webmaster
Webmaster

Hi,
as most of you already recognized, the new Kanotix web site is here. Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions, I hope we have implemented all of them. Here is a primer about new features:

1.) Forum fully integrated into the new CMS-based web site. all posts included;

2.) User data, avatars and signatures saved;

3.) New functions added (maximize forum http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-index-minmax-1.html, minimize forum http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-index-minmax-0.html; direct answers, message icons, attachments possible, ...);

4.) Free choice of themes (designs) for the entire web site, the forum will adapt it's outfit accordingly - give it a try at your profile page http://kanotix.com/user.html (there is also a new table free retro design, called xExtraLite, that will be the base for further development);

5.) FAQ area extended, you may add interesting questions, FAQ will be extended based on the best from the Wiki, and almost simultaniously translated by (more or less) native speakers in several languages;

6.) Multilingual web site, besides German and English also Russian, Norwegian, Dutch, Spanish, French and Italian are supported and translated (the forum is switching languages automaticly, en, de, no for the moment - all other visitors will get the English version);

7.) Download- und link area including worldwide mirrors;

8.) News at home page, that's where you can expect i.e. release notes.

Und this is our ToDo list:

1) Extension of translations - every help is very welcome, we need to translate on a ongoing base;

2) Bug fixes in several CSS files;

3) Wiki und Gallery user data integration;

4) Topic icons for releases, kernel, press und web site news (just the old fish there by now);

5) Smiles, news icons and standard avatars selection/creation;

6) Forum search integration into web wide search;

7) Everything else coming into your mind - if you post it here ....

However is interested to help - please post here or pm me.

Greetings,
Chris

Reply with quote Back to top
piper
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 11, 2005 - 11:30 PM
Team Member
Team Member

Very nice job !! Thank You SmilieSmilie

ironwalker
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 11, 2005 - 11:58 PM

Excellent!

Is there a way to view all available forum avatars instead of loading them one at a time,saveing,then returning back to setup page?

If not,how about a link to a page to view all?Smilie

slam
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 12, 2005 - 10:14 AM
Webmaster
Webmaster

If you visit your forum profile at http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-profile-mode-editprofile.html and scroll down, you will find a button for viewing the forum avatar gallery, and a 2nd one if you prefer to use a standard PostNuke avatar.
However, if you come around a nice standard avatar set, that fits well into the new Kanotix design, please let me know.
Greetings,
Chris

Cuddles
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2005 - 06:18 PM

Slam,

Not sure about this, but, I may have something that, if no one else has the problem, I must have something screwy going on with my firefox setup...

The old forums, I used to bookmark the index, and then, most of the "forums", to get to them from a simple click... I used to be able to come into, say, the General Support Forum, with my login already intact... and, now with the new set up, it appears I have to hit my HOME first, then go to the Forum link on it, to stay logged in...

Ive checked my firefox setup, and have kanotix.com cleared for all cookies, and it has about seven of them in the cookie listings, but, they dont seem to "stick" when I come into the forums, especially upon using my newly created bookmarks of the new forums.

Any ideas or clues what I might be missing?

Thanks a billion,

Cuddles
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 18, 2005 - 07:01 PM

Slam,

One other detail, not sure if anyone else is getting this, or not, so, I will bring it up...

Topic Reply emails are coming in without a "From" or a "To", also, the "body" doesnt contain any information other than the Topic Threads Subject...

i.e.
Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "something" at . This topic has received a reply since your last visit...

-=-
It provides the topic, but, not where it is coming from, and, as mentioned above, the emails From and To is not being filled in.

Just thought I'd bring it up,

aus9
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 07, 2005 - 03:13 PM

hi, while the forum is nice maybe an extra todo could be do convert dates displayed to
3 character month

I have no problem with 2005 Nov 7 or 7 Nov 2005 etc but the letters do make it easy for us simple aussies

EDIT this refers to the start page and the news pages most others look ok

Jump to: