Dec 17, 2017 - 05:32 PM

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
al3
Post subject: How often is 're-index' done on posts that have been read?  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2005 - 06:38 PM

Curious. When you go to Forum Index and click "Mark all FORUMS read" it works. If you go to a forum it will have changed the icons from orange (unread) to blue (read). When a new posting is made to one of the forums and you go to "View New Posts" you see both unread (orange) and read (blue).

After a few hours there is some kind of 'purge' or re-indexing that happens and the blue (read) items disappear. Is there any way that this purge or re-index can happen more often. After I've marked them "read" and then go to "View New Posts" I don't want to see the old ones in the list again. I only want to see 'orange' items (unread) .... or an empty list. After all "View New Posts" should BE just the new/unread postings, right?

Is this possible? Is there a timer that is set for when the re-index happens? How does this work?

Al

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: