28.03.2024, 08:35 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
gardyloo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 20:51 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Apr 2006

Zitat:
Well if you get away from windows period I would use reiserfs [...]

It *seemed* to me that reiserfs led to just a few more problems for me than ext3 (I used it up to about 4 mo. ago). I just had a vague feeling that I was getting more problems with reiserfs. Too, I like using beagle to search, and reiserfs apparently doesn't work (as well, or at all?) with that filesystem. Finally, some of the partitioning tools don't seem to handle reiserfs as well as ext3 (though this seems to change rapidly; I notice that the latest version of gparted claims it'll hangle ext3 and reiserfs equivalently).

Piper, why do you recommend one over the other? I've read conflicting reports about stability issues and the handling of meta-data.

Has anyone fooled with xfs?

Just curious!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 23:26 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
Probably because I never had a problem with it Smilie

Some good reading and opinions

http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/388

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.