28.03.2024, 08:49 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
trs12
Titel: Wireless Network adapter  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 22:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Jul 2006
I have a Linksys Wireless G USB adapter that I do not know how to use in Kanotix, I used Ndiswrapper to configure however the program says that the device is not present or the driver is not installed correctly, i was wondering if it means to mount the device, I just plain don't know how to use the adapter. Thanks.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Yahoo Messenger  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
ockham23
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 02.08.2006, 09:52 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

Maybe there's a Linux driver for this WLAN device. Open Konsole and enter:
Code:
sux
netcardconfig

If the WLAN device shows up on the list of network devices, you can try to set it up with netcardconfig.

If this doesn't work, please post the output of
Code:
lsusb

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
bobdawn
Titel: Another unrecognised adaptor.  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 02:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Aug 2006
I did an otherwise faultless kernel and d-u upgrade at the weekend, using the script, but my laptop no longer recognises my PCI card adaptor. What next, please?

It's a D-Link DWL--G650 Wireless Cardbus Adaptor and has been fine on the Easter release.

"netcardconfig" gives [Warning "+number" syntax is deprecated, please use "-n + number] twice.
"netcardconfig -ath0" gives the same (repeated) message.

kelmo
Titel: RE: Another unrecognised adaptor.  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 03:34 Uhr
Developer
Developer

Anmeldung: 01. Okt 2004
This smells alot like Xdialog (the prgram used to draw the netcardconfig window) is not agreeing with the script. Maybe start with:
Code:
DISPLAY= netcardconfig

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
bobdawn
Titel: Another unrecognised adaptor.  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 04:17 Uhr

Thanks, Kelmo. I got the same result as I do with the Kanotix network config script GUI. A box appeared with:
eth0 - network... (which runs fine with a Cat.5 cable)
eth1 - firewire... (a mystery to me)
exit.

It recognises the card (as ath0) when I boot with the 2.6.16.6 etc. kernel, but not with the 2,6,17.7 etc. one.

Is there an easy fix for a slightly thick Aussie? Of course, I could simply default to the older kernel, if necessary.

...Bob.

slh
Titel: RE: Another unrecognised adaptor.  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 08:02 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Aug 2004

Install the accompanying madwifi*.deb from the kernel*.zip.

bobdawn
Titel: RE: Another unrecognised adaptor.  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 12:59 Uhr

slh hat folgendes geschrieben::
Install the accompanying madwifi*.deb from the kernel*.zip.
Thanks, slh. I was a bit confused at first, but finally came to my senses and found the right *.deb in the kernel*.zip. After I re-booted, it had picked up ath0 and I was back in familiar territory.
What a great community we have!

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.