18.04.2024, 07:27 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
titan
Titel: grub problem  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 10:33 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Mai 2005
I have four versions of Kanotix installed on two HDs hda1,hda3, hdb1,hdb4.
hda3 and hdb1 were both up to date ( yesterday) but the others are a little older. I had a problem with hda1 and eventually managed to bork it completely so reinstalled Easter rc4 with grub on the mbr but having tried every option I cannot get hda3 to boot and this is my main version nor hdb1 my main fall back, I keep getting error code 15, files not found but they do appear to be there. I just put hdb4 into grub and that loaded no problem. I can access all the drives from either version on hda1 or hdb4 and my data is on a seperate /data and /home partitions but it looks like a fresh install unless anyone can help, I have run out of ideas.

Thanks

I

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
ockham23
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 11:03 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

Did you check /boot/grub/menu.lst for correct entries? As you probably have a menu.lst file on each partition, you first have to figure out the one that is actually processed by grub during boot.

titan
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 12:00 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Mai 2005
ockham23 hat folgendes geschrieben::
Did you check /boot/grub/menu.lst for correct entries? As you probably have a menu.lst file on each partition, you first have to figure out the one that is actually processed by grub during boot.

yes there is a menu 1st in each version but I have assumed that since I put grub to the MBR with the last install to hda1 it is being booted from hda1. (hd0,0). This is the menu 1st I added hdb4 to and it worked.

Ian

ockham23
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 12:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

Hm, just a few ideas: Is the numbering of drives and partitions correct? Remember, entries for "root" start with "(hd0,0)". Did you update the kernel(s) of the other installations so you have to put in a different path for the new kernel files? Do you use device mapping in grub?

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.