28.03.2024, 14:37 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
ice
Titel: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.07.2006, 22:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Feb 2005

The word is that the CUPS developers decided to change a few API hooks here and there without informing anyone. Needless to say, this broke printing pretty much on all Linux distributions.

If this is true, it looks almost like an act of sabotage. Who the hell are these CUPS fellas anyway, and can they be trusted with something as crucial as a printing system?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
slh
Titel: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.07.2006, 23:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Aug 2004

They did inform the KDE people, even revived some obsoleted APIs for not letting KDE in the dark, but KDE maintenance for CuPS connectivity was (is?) barely existent. But..., if no one from KDE steps up soon, KDE will be in the dark soon, because those obsoleted CuPS APIs only have a short grace period until the next CuPS major version.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
h2
Titel: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.07.2006, 23:47 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

To me, given the current low realworld linux desktop market share, this is a perfect time to starting fixing all those old issues, like xorg did by modularizing their codebase. Much better now than later, when linux desktops start spreading in much larger numbers, and much faster. I expect a similar jump in growth we saw with phoenix/firebird/firefox, where currently we're at more or less the phoenix stage of desktop development.

hubi
Titel: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.07.2006, 23:48 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jan 2006
Well, ice, you have:

C ... CIA
U ... illUminati
P ... Pentagon
S ... Secret Government

So: only Majestic 12 can print with CUPS. And the devilish people here at Kanotix Mr. Green

hubi

h2
Titel: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 00:02 Uhr

hubi, you're slightly wrong, it's not:

S .. Secret Government
it's
S .. nSa

they didn't use the first initial to try to avoid detection, like the illUminati did. Dastardly, tricky, evil groups all, forming a diabolical alliance to break linux printing.

hubi
Titel: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 00:10 Uhr

h2,
you know too much Böse
hubi

piper
Titel: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 00:47 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
h2 is correct ! Winken but there is also..........and if I tell you, I have to kill you Winken

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
hubi
Titel: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 00:57 Uhr

piper,
the knowledge is already spread Mr. Green
hubi

piper
Titel: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 00:58 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

hehe lol Smilie

hotloophiker
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 02:50 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Feb 2006

Not funny people Böse Do you know how many times I have seen what amounts to " Hi, I think I am the cups server and even if were to be running I would not know where to go". I used to drive by the big black NSA box everyday and wave to them because I know they are always watching and listening. Sehr böse

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 03:15 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Hehe, I thinks it's funny, it's been done before you were born, EVERY SINGLE president has done it since the telephone was invented, and now the media and the extreme left blow it out of ah nevermind, it ain't worth the argument because the average person don't know how the system works and watch the media and the left destroy the world.

Please don't spew BS on the subject unless you where trained or went thru training on what gets flagged and what don't. I have to really stay out of these threads, too funny Smilie Smilie

wakarimasen
Titel: Re: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 07:52 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jun 2005
piper hat folgendes geschrieben::
h2 is correct ! Winken but there is also..........and if I tell you, I have to kill you Winken

...and I heard that the correct answer to this is: ok....tell my wife!

slam
Titel: Re: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 10:53 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Okt 2004
Well, piper - obviously most of our friends here are not trained at all! Let's give them a first lesson.

Mind Control
This term is mostly mis-understud - a lot of myths are spread about it. You may understand it with an offensive meaning, where someone else is controlling your thoughts. Wrong!
Real mind control as trained people understand it is a defensive weapon. It's about YOU controlling YOUR OWN mind. Actually this is very simple, just don't think anything serious/relevant/interesting/secret. Restrict your thinking to dumb/obvious/boring/public stuff and you're instantly secure against any mind reader out there! So, make your mind up and follow the pros, and your life will instantly become much safer. Winken

(More lessons shortly, maybe piper is willing to contribute to this life saving and valuable collection of tips)

Greetings,
Chris

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
monkymind
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.08.2006, 11:41 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Aug 2004

Although this is not strictly for stopping someone else/aliens etc. from controlling your thoughts ........ I can't see why it wouldn't work Sehr böse

http://www.handy-fashions.com/e-cap.html
BTW there's a vest or scarf too if you need it Lachen

Cheers
rob

piper
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.08.2006, 05:28 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Slam, I did write a humorous 16 page detailed instructions including diagrams about Mind Control, Winken however, when I hit the Submit button, this came up:

Site Disabled

Hi, kanotix.com is moving to a new server and will be back in a few minutes. Hi, kanotix.com zieht auf einen neuen server um und wird in einigen Minuten zurück sein.

hehe, I then noticed my internet was down again and would be for 6 hours, now I forgot what the heck I posted Smilie This whole week has been a nightmare for me and internet.

h2
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.08.2006, 06:04 Uhr

piper, if I'm reading you correctly, you're saying that this CUPS conspiracy started long ago, possibly around World War 2, or a little after? That means that the forces of evil actually anticipated the arrival of linux well before it came into existence, which would of course suggest that Linux itself could well be part of their diabolical and dastardly schemes. hmm... sounds disturbing to me.

piper
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.08.2006, 07:22 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

h2, well some consider linux evil or worse than dubya Winken I believe it was CANTEEN back then not CUPS, which could be interesting Smilie

2radical
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.08.2006, 06:05 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2005
OMG--considering all the bs I've been thru w/this you guys are too funny--at least I'm able to laugh now...thanks

kurt

piper
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Who are these CUPS people?  BeitragVerfasst am: 05.08.2006, 06:50 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Smilie You have to have a sense of humour to live in this world, especially nowadays

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.