May 28, 2018 - 10:47 AM

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
piper
Post subject: AMD said near $5.5 bln deal to buy ATI  PostPosted: Jul 22, 2006 - 06:14 AM
Team Member
Team Member

http://finance.myway.com/ht/nw/bus/2006 ... 14930.html

Reply with quote Back to top
DeepDayze
Post subject: RE: AMD said near $5.5 bln deal to buy ATI  PostPosted: Jul 22, 2006 - 09:52 PM

Wonder if ATI will then become more Linux-friendlier?

piper
Post subject: RE: AMD said near $5.5 bln deal to buy ATI  PostPosted: Jul 22, 2006 - 10:28 PM
Team Member
Team Member

I'm hoping Winken, I still don't know if this is a good deal or not if this does happen

Daniele
Post subject: Re: RE: AMD said near $5.5 bln deal to buy ATI  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2006 - 03:47 AM

DeepDayze wrote:
Wonder if ATI will then become more Linux-friendlier?

Funny, that is the very first question I asked myself. To my understanding AMD and Linux get on well.

DeepDayze
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: AMD said near $5.5 bln deal to buy ATI  PostPosted: Jul 27, 2006 - 08:41 PM

Only time will tell in this case if AMD will open up ATI's card specs to opensource developers. I hope that the xorg ati driver then can work very well in 3D mode with all the functionality of the Windows drivers.

nVidia will then be under more pressure as well. Hope Linux and FOSS will win.

michael7
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2006 - 04:41 PM

Stephen Vaughan-Nichols thinks it will help Linux:

http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS2331390847.html

Cheese, Gromit!

Jump to: