28.03.2024, 08:23 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
shame
Titel: sn9c102 based webcam and non kanotix kernels  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.07.2006, 09:43 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Apr 2006
I have a couple of webcams, one is sn9c102 based and I forget the other.
Now, I'd like to get webcam working with kopete and with kanotix kernels the sn9c102 based one works perfectly and is listed as sonix-sn9c102 something-or-other in kopete's preferences but with debian sid kernels it doesn't even appear in kopete preferences and on other distros it just appears as sn9c102 but doesn't work properly.
I don't understand what is different about the sn9c102 module on kanotix and non-kanotix kernels.
Unfortunately, I can't use kanotix kernels because all but one of them crashes my modem (I can't get hold of the one that doesn't) and webcam isn't much use without internet access.

<EDIT>
Nevermind, I got it working with non kanotix kernels. spca5xx is added to my /etc/modules and I noticed this on boot
Code:
spca5xx: version magic '2.6.16-2-686 686 gcc-4.1' should be '2.6.16-2-686 686 gcc-4.0'

I removed spca5xx-modules and compiled from source using "make CC=gcc-4.0" and it now works perfectly in kopete.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.