28.03.2024, 19:25 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
max11max
Titel: How do I > SSH & VNC  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 18:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Jun 2006
Hi all,

I have a small box and have been using this as a website running lamppix, I have just installed Kanotix Easter RC4 on it along with XAMPP but am unable to Rlogin to the box via my workstation. I could rlogin via SSH with the lamppix build and I never set anything up.

So how do I get SSH working on Kanotix Easter, I have searched the forum but only info i can find is in German and I'm not that good with translation. I wish I had paid more attention at School during times like this.

Once SSH is working I'd like to get VNC working but have never even looked into this? is it difficult or a nightmare?

Thanks,

max

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
ockham23
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 21:21 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

I recommend using ssh in combination with freenx. On the server enter
Code:
sux
dpkg-reconfigure freenx

to set up the freenx server and ssh. Just confirm the default values given by the script. The user account that you created when you installed Kanotix is now configured for remote login.

If you want ssh/nxserver to start at boot, activate ssh demon with rcconf:
Code:
sux
unfreeze-rc.d
rcconf
freeze-rc.d

On the client you can use nxclient for Linux (ships with Kanotix) or nxclient for windows from Nomachine. If you install nxclient for windows, make sure it's version 1.4. The latest nxclient from Nomachine (2.0) cannot establish a connection to a Kanotix server. Download link for nxclient 1.4 for windows (.exe) here:
http://www.industrial-statistics.com/info/nxclients?IndStats=55d83422ff4ca2d3c3e3d2703ed051b9

max11max
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 27.07.2006, 00:04 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Jun 2006
Thanks ockham23,

That works great, now I have a remote desktop. That's more than I was expecting and works 100%.

Also thanks for the windows info, I have downloaded the file but rarely use M$ products; I have kanotix on my workstation. I guess I'll put the program on my pen drive and then can show other people my webserver if at there location.

All I need to find out now is how do I get XAMPP to startup at boot.

Thanks again

Max

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.