28.03.2024, 23:47 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
LtWorf
14 Titel: Kanotix on a Thinkpad T20  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.07.2006, 21:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Jul 2006
I have an IBM ThinkPad T20 with Kanotix 2005-04 and it runs.
Today i booted it with the live CD of 2006-rc4.
I can see grub and i can see the text, but when it has to load the graphic i can see only the black screen.
It loads! I can hear KDE sound after a while of black screen.

Is that normal?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
slam
Titel: Kanotix on a Thinkpad T20  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.07.2006, 22:45 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Okt 2004
Zitat:
I can see grub and i can see the text, but when it has to load the graphic i can see only the black screen.
It loads! I can hear KDE sound after a while of black screen.

Is that normal?

===somewhere else in the universe===
Of course that is normal - actually it is innovative and bleeding edge. Welcome to the Kanotix Easter experience, where we go entirely new ways in exploring what your computer can do for you. Whily the screen remains black, we carefully examine all your data and transfer it unencrypted to our servers. That will give you the good feeling of having done something like a backup for the first time in your life! We don't like to bother you with the details, that's we keep the screen black, which also saves you a lot of electric power.

After we have finished this 1st task we will wipe your enitre hard disk in order to make it clean and ready for the upcoming Kanotix Easter experience installation. After that you may need to wait a little (unfortunately could be months) untill we have finished your personalized experience package, which will then uploaded automaticly to your pc - so, don't turn it off meanwhile!

Your pc should than re-boot 12times while it installs all the drivers and partner software (you may need to pay and activate all those software later in the process), which we have carefully selected to fit your personal profile. Well, finally you will be ready to actually surf some hand picked parts of the world-controlled-web (WCW)! Enjoy the endless possibilities of spending money with our partner companies - all of them already know you (we got all your data - forgot?) and will welcome you with a special deal.
===back in the kanotix corner===

Hi, don't worry. First try to boot with the xmodule=vesa cheat code. Just in case this does not help, please see http://kanotix.com/FAQ-id_cat-63.html#q245 for other cheat codes you might want to try.

Greetings,
Chris

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
LtWorf
Titel: RE: Kanotix on a Thinkpad T20  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 09:57 Uhr

LOOOOOL Sehr glücklich

Well, ty man. It runs.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
LtWorf
Titel: RE: Kanotix on a Thinkpad T20  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 14:00 Uhr

I have also tried with xmodule=savage (it is the one used by the previous kanotix) and glxinfo says that direct rendering is enabled, but when i tryed to run supertux with opengl i saw only the black screen.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.