28.03.2024, 23:16 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Ranga
Titel: SOS for an absolute dummy to Kanotix  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 06:50 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Jul 2006

I use an Aztech DSL206U ADSL modem, with my WinXP. But I intend to use Internet only with a Linux Boot to prevent viruses and worms creeping in. Could not install the ADSL modem under Kanotix LiveCD x86.
Could any one please help.

Thanks in advance

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
devil
Titel: SOS for an absolute dummy to Kanotix  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 07:00 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
normaly with the live-cd you are online right after boot. have you checked that?
do you use a router or just the modem?
if just the modem, try from the kano menu (second from let) network - dsl - my ppoe config.
if you use a router, try netcardconfig.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Ranga
Titel: Re: SOS for an absolute dummy to Kanotix  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 07:08 Uhr

devil hat folgendes geschrieben::
normaly with the live-cd you are online right after boot. have you checked that?
do you use a router or just the modem?
if just the modem, try from the kano menu (second from let) network - dsl - my ppoe config.
if you use a router, try netcardconfig.

greetz
devil

I used Internet->DSL my PPOe config.
It detects two devices eth0 and eth1, but gives out a message that they cannot be used. by the way I am using only a modem without a router. My modem is on the USB port, with KDE 3.2.2. When using on a computer with router it was a piece of cake. But on my personal PC it's not working.

Ranga

HK-47
Titel: RE: SOS for an absolute dummy to Kanotix  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 07:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Jun 2006

it looks like you have a usb modem, which can be a bad thing. usb modems tend to be problematic on any OS, and seem to have limited support in linux. my advice would be to ask your ISP to replace your modem with one that uses an ethernet connection rather than usb.

if you're stuck with that modem, you could try going to the KANOTIX Menu (the one with the fish logo)-> Network/Internet -> DSL -> Eagle PPPoE Conf, and see if that works.

Ranga
Titel: Re: RE: SOS for an absolute dummy to Kanotix  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 08:06 Uhr

HK-47 hat folgendes geschrieben::
it looks like you have a usb modem, which can be a bad thing. usb modems tend to be problematic on any OS, and seem to have limited support in linux. my advice would be to ask your ISP to replace your modem with one that uses an ethernet connection rather than usb.

if you're stuck with that modem, you could try going to the KANOTIX Menu (the one with the fish logo)-> Network/Internet -> DSL -> Eagle PPPoE Conf, and see if that works.

Tried.

Asks for provider name: Entered as Slt
Asks for user name: Gave my username
Asks for password: Gave my password
Then there a Dialog box saying start dsl on boot

I am using LiveCD and I don't know how to proceed from here

devil
Titel: Re: RE: SOS for an absolute dummy to Kanotix  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 08:17 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
well, if it works, it should work from here. you prolly have to do that at every boot with live-cd or create a permanent home on a usb stick or on hd.
the question if to start at boot dont apply to live mode, so dont matter what you answer here.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Ranga
Titel: RE: Re: RE: SOS for an absolute dummy to Kanotix  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 08:21 Uhr

Thanks devil. I'll try that out. This may take some time as I have to switch between OS

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.