28.03.2024, 12:45 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
santhoshveigas
Titel: Selection of Root Partition- Help Needed.  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.07.2006, 07:04 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Jun 2006
Hello All,

I am newbie to Linux as well as Kanotix.

I was trying to install Kanotix unto my laptop using the Kanotix installer and by reading the English Manual.

I have problem, In the 'Partitioning' Window, I have to select the root partition and the file system for it.

I have allocated a seperate 9GB hard disk by using Partition Magic in Windows.

Now I am not able to enter anything into this root partition field. This field gets selected. But typing anything there doesn't seem to work.

Please Help....

Regards,
Santhosh J Veigas.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
devil
Titel: Selection of Root Partition- Help Needed.  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.07.2006, 07:11 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
is there a file system that linux can use? its gotta be reiserfs or ext3 for the installer to be able to let you choose it. if not, first partition/format it, so its usable.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

2radical
Titel: RE: Selection of Root Partition- Help Needed.  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.07.2006, 21:43 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2005
What was suggested to me after numerous problems was to use the live-cd gparted 0.2.5-3 rather than cfdisk. I consider it an indespensible tool. You can d/l it here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=173828

devil
Titel: RE: Selection of Root Partition- Help Needed.  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.07.2006, 22:14 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
well, gparted is a nice tool, but i would use the live-cd version:
Code:
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

i would recommend that especially for resizing though.
cfdisk will do for any partitioniong matters, use this howto:
Code:
 http://kanotix.com/FAQ-id_cat-63.html#q418

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.