28.03.2024, 19:32 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
jesseman
Titel: Teamspeak  BeitragVerfasst am: 02.07.2006, 23:05 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Feb 2006
I know this isn't really the Teamspeak forum, but I was wondering if any Kanotix user had Teamspeak up and working. I can connect, but my mic doesn't seem to pick up at all. Thoughts?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
bluewater
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 03.07.2006, 02:42 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 04. Apr 2006
Do a quick check that your kmix or alsamixer has the correct switches set, getting the correct switch settings can be tricky (in kmix the mic output is in options tabs

Pop into the konsole and type in

arecord | aplay

this will test your duplex setup as set by kmix/alsamix

Also i see that there is a sticky link for alsa on the Teamspeak site

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wiw ... OWTO+Sound

and a Production Box, Desktop ICEWM::

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
t-bone
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 03.07.2006, 07:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Sep 2005

Mine works using OSS.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
jesseman
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 04.07.2006, 15:01 Uhr

Thanks for the replies, bluewater and t-bone. I think my problem is that I do not have the required hardware sound inputs, as I am just using onboard sound. Hmmm ...

I can hear my mic through my speakers when I turn the input on, so I know it isn't a hardware issue per se. I have the capture set to the mic, yet the Teamspeak green light won't light up even if I hit the right key. Thoughts? T-bone, what do you mean it works under oss? Did you change anything, or just fire it up and go?

Bluewater, thanks for the link, but it seems a but involved for what I am willing to do. TS would be nice to have in Linux, but I can always use it when I boot to XP to game. Traurig

Cathbard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 06.07.2006, 10:14 Uhr
Artist
Artist

Anmeldung: 11. Aug 2005
I use teamspeak on kanotix almost every day. I use an Audigy 2 so my experience will be different to you. Soldier on but, it's worth it. Use alsamixer rather than kmix but, it's more reliable in my experience.
One thing . go into kcontrol and make sure that full duplex is switched on.

t-bone
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.07.2006, 06:16 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Sep 2005

Well, for some reason, on my machine, it loads up OSS instead of ALSA. Everything works just fine, so I have never bothered messing around with it. I am sorry, but you will have to ask one of the Linux gurus around here to help...my experience is limited!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
jesseman
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 23.07.2006, 20:06 Uhr

I have been poking around the HowTo, but am extremely nervous about manipulating the devices in /dev/ as recommended by the HowTo. It refers to snd_pcm_oss modules, which I don't have and don't know how to get. I would really like to get this working, so I am begging for some help here Smilie

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.