28.03.2024, 20:23 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Ursa
Titel: Stupid Question: Radeon 9250 PCI graphics card  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.07.2006, 00:26 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Jul 2006

I've ran many searches trying to find somthing that explains how to deal with this. My computer has onboard Intel "Extreme" graphics which I'm currently, and I also have a PCI ATI 9250 Radeon w/ 512mb. When I set the Radeon as default in the BIOS, Kanotix fails to start, and freezes. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Swynndla
Titel: RE: Stupid Question: Radeon 9250 PCI graphics card  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.07.2006, 00:31 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Dez 2005
At what point does it freeze in the startup? ... does it get past grub? ... what's the last thing it says?

And is this a hard drive install? ... does the live cd do the same thing?

Ursa
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 19.07.2006, 01:02 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Jul 2006

It occurs in both the live CD and in the HD install. On the CD it freezes during "Autoconfiguring devices", and on the HD install it freezes well after GRUB while going on about AGP, which is interesting because this computer has no AGP.

The HD-install stops after the following

Code:

Linux agpgart interfact v0.101 (c) Dave Jones
agpgart: Detected an Intel 845G Chipset.
agpgart: Detected 8060K stolen memory
agpgart: AGP apature is 128M @ 0Xd0000000
-

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 19.07.2006, 01:47 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

Ursa your last post said stolen mem for agp. This means you have a onboard secondary grafic-card and thats why the PC stalls. There is an option in the BIOS-Setup, where you can turn off the onboard graphic. Should solve the stalling boot.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.