29.03.2024, 13:43 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
aking469
Titel: Unmounting Floppy  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.07.2006, 12:35 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Feb 2006

I don't normally use floppy drive, but my wife does. I attempted to backup some information for her from a floppy. It mounted ok, copied fine, but absolutely refused to unmount. Had to restart desktop to get it unmounted. I tried changing permissions, but that didn't help.

If I used Krusader/Konquerer to unmount, the drive seemed to be unmounted, but putting a different floppy disk didn't result in new files. Replacing the old disk didn't help, wouldn't read that either.

Any suggestions?
Again, I almost never use floppies anymore, but would be nice to be able to do so.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
mzilikazi
Titel: RE: Unmounting Floppy  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.07.2006, 13:45 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
If you are still in the floppy mount point /media/floppy (i.e. a file browser or shell) then you cannot umount the floppy until you leave that directory. Example:

Code:
mount /dev/fd0 /media/floppy
cd /media/floppy
umount /media/floppy
umount: /media/floppy: device is busy
cd
umount /media/floppy

No complaints from bash indicates a successful umount.

To see what's really mounted simply issue the mount command all by itself.

So....you must either close any applications using the mount point directory or simply leave the mount point directory. This includes any file managers or other shells. I am unsure of how KDE handles automounting of any drives so there might be something specific to KDE but the info I just posted is true of any *nix.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
arlekin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 18.07.2006, 14:44 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jun 2006
To add some "KDE-specific" information:

I can view the floppy by typing <media:/> in Konqueror's adress bar to get a list of medias available, select and right-click (on) the floppy icon and chose "(un-)mount" from the context menue.

To enable this behaviour, I've changed the relevant line in the </etc/fstab> to: </dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto noauto,user,rw,sync 0 0>.

Hope that helps ...

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 18.07.2006, 17:19 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

if this does not help, close all Konqueror sessions, go to the root-commandline. umount -l /dev/fd0 and you can remove the floppy.

The -l means lazzy umount same with eject -l /dev/fd0. This wil flush the Floppy-buffer to fd. and than umount FD.

eject can not eject a FD until it is a LS-120. it does only th flushing and unmounting.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.