28.03.2024, 19:22 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
gusto
Titel: IBM T20 Orinoco Silver redo net card config everyboot  BeitragVerfasst am: 09.06.2006, 01:13 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jun 2006

First let me say I tried four other distros and Kanotix 2005,04 Lite was the only one to install AND run fast enough on the old T20. SUSE and Unbuntu were unusably slow and Knoppix and DSL had their install issues. So kudos to the Kanotix team! Kanotix Lite purrs on the T20 even with only 128MB of RAM.

Everything is cool except I have to redo the Network Card Configuration on the Orinoco card everytime I boot. The data is still there and all I have to do is call it and click "OK' through the options to get it on again. It's inconvenient to have to do. But this computer is for my young daughter who is NOT computer savy, so having to do this is pretty much deal breaker.

I tried the "http://www.kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-13945.html" fix but that doesn't work.

I do remember that when it ran WIn98SE, I had to disable the LAN in Windows for the card to work, but there is no BIOS option for that & din;t know how to do it in Linux or if that is an issue. I'm a total newb to Linux, but I've built all my own DOS & Win desktops for many years and am wanting to get more familiar with Linux.

Any suggestions? Could the process of calling the config pgm and clicking through the items be automated somehow?

It would also be nice if I could get suspend to work.

Gusto

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 20:11 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
I don't have a laptop so not much help on suspend. As to network configuration, you could always put a command in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh that would get executed as root. Now, to the real question. What does your pcmcia card really need to be configured? It seems that the card already has the AP info & key/ssid for your network. Instead of using the netcardconfig tool please tell me the output of this:
Code:
iwconfig

If the interface is already configured and all it needs to do is use DHCP to get an i.p. you could simply add something like so to /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
Code:
pump -i wlan0

Try it first. As root just run
Code:
pump -i wlan0
and see if it works. Of course if your interface is not named wlan0 then use the proper name.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
gusto
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 25.06.2006, 05:09 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jun 2006

thanks,

Sorry I haven't checked this in a dew days. I'd all but given up on it.

I thought there might be somthing simple to do like that to make it come on

I ran arcross a different fix involving ndiswrapper a few days ago but forgot to bookmark it and now I can't find it.

Gusto

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.